Who you are going to meet
- Public Affairs Director
- Head of EU Affairs
- Heads of Global Public and Government
- Public Affairs Directors
- Regulatory Affairs Directors
- Chief Digital Directors
A whole-day conference to decipher the latest regulatory news, benchmark pioneering best practices and network among peers.
What will be discussed
Data and AI have become an established cornerstone for companies: in 2022, 83% of large companies reported having a CDO*, and the figure is expected to grow further over the coming years. At the same time, CDOs work more and more closely with Public Affairs Directors, because of the every-growing data & AI regulatory framework.
However, one of the main challenges for data professionals remains the battle for recognition within their company, the only way of implementing the most efficient data-driven business strategy – with particular attention given to recent AI developments and increasing regulations in data and analytics. So, there is still a long way to reach the top…
Nowadays, becoming the Business Partner to the CEO is an essential step in ensuring the scalability of your various projects, to ensure data quality and accessibility and to leverage the other business units. In fact, the success of your data governance strategy also depends on people and their skills, key-actors in establishing a data governance which is both of high quality and accessible to everyone within the company. And this is also part of your challenges.
Last but not least, new regulations, such as the Data Act and AI Act, will set out the framework of your actions which need to be studied and anticipated. This should also be considered one of your top priorities!
This event is part of the Global Public Affairs Club
Are you ready to join the club?
The GPAC gives you the opportunity to benchmark the best practices in PA, anticipate public policy trends, access exclusive events on evolving regulations, and network with peers to exchange ideas.
8.30 AM – WELCOME BREAKFAST
9.00 AM – Opening speech by DII & the Conference Chair
#1 THE RISE OF DATA CHALLENGES AND OPPORTUNITIES FOR YOUR BUSINESS
9.10 AM – [CONTEXT] Data & AI and Public Affairs Directors, the new alliance within the company? A roadmap for your profession by 2025
Towards the standardisation and expansion of data-driven strategies and KPIs in companies: how to make your expertise more valuable in the implementation of new regulations
Data process transformation within the C-suite for real change is a combination of people, tools, and tech innovation: take the first steps and secure your budget.
Renan Rubert – Chief Digital Officer – BERSHKA – INDITEX GROUP
Elena Otero-Novas – Director of Legal, Regulatory Affairs and Corporate Security – VODAFONE SPAIN
10.15 AM – [SUBPART TITLE]
Sweet topping oat cake sweet muffin shortbread toffee halvah. Oat cake gummi bears topping cookie gingerbread bonbon gingerbread topping. Chocolate cake oat cake marzipan I love caramels icing ice cream.
9.40 AM – [REGULATIONS] Data Governance Act, Data Act and AI Act: three milestones paving the way towards a data-driven culture?
- Ask yourself the right questions to manage complex models: cost and consensus issues
- GDPR and beyond: the tricky questions raised by the AI Act
- Data Act privacy and security assessment challenges: zoom into the best implementation solutions
Dr. Jakob Greiner – Vice President European Affairs – DEUTSCHE TELEKOM
Jean-Marc Leclerc – Head of EU Affairs – IBM
Bjoern Juretzki – Head of Unit « Data Policy and Innovation » – DG CONNECT – EUROPEAN COMMISSION
10.40 AM – NETWORKING COFFEE BREAK
11.10 AM – [FOOD FOR THOUGHT] Inspirational feedback from the Recommendation on the Ethics of AI in the era of buzzword and questioning new AI tools
- How can countries – and international businesses – build a common ground for ethical AI development and use?
- Articulations between EU’s binding regulations and global recommendations adopted by 193 countries
Maksim KarlIuk – Research specialist – International Development Law Organization (IDLO) – Former Principal Consultant on Ethics of Artificial Intelligence – UNESCO
#2 AGENDA’S SECOND PART
11.40 AM – [INTERNATIONAL FRAMEWORK] NATO’s strategic cooperation with the tech industry in an era of ever-growing need for defense powered by data and AI
- Emerging security challenges, defense priorities, geopolitical tension and potential new allies: promoting responsible AI adoption through international cooperation
- NATO’s approach to the use of data & AI at the crossroads between policy and practical implications
Nikolaos Loutas – Head of data & AI policy – NATO
12.10 PM – NETWORKING LUNCH BREAK
#3 ROAD TO CHANGE: THE TRANSFORMATION OF DIGITAL/IT SERVICES INTO DATA HUBS
1.45 PM – [OLD BUT GOLD] Data quality, accessibility and traceability: still the magic trio?
- Case study: feedback from a transformation system for a better data governance
- State of the art of data governance and quality processes: accelerating the adoption of data fabric and data mesh to boost profitability and enhance a self-service data set
- CDOs are the guarantee of a consistent data governance pipeline in the business: make sure you maximise your role by securing the right budget and proposing innovative data-driven solutions
Gregory Pierquin – CDO – CARREFOUR BELGIQUE
Paolo Terzi – Head of Data – SWILE
2.15 PM – [OPEN MIC] Sustainable data: the next big ROI indicator or luxury for a select few? How to implement a sustainable data strategy and enhance frugality to surf the green wave? Have your say!
2.45 PM – [AI MEETS SUSTAINABILITY] How to leverage data & AI to support your sustainability agenda? Case study about Water Intelligence for detection of potential leaks
70% to 90% of data collected by organisations is “dark data” generating unnecessary energy costs to transmit and store without being turned into insights and business opportunities.**
What role do data and AI play in ESG transformation?
Andrzej Danielewicz – Senior Director – Data and Digital Solutions lead Europe – PEPSI CO
3.15 PM – [GENERATIVE AI] From buzzword into reality: in the era where AI is the new celebrity, which are the implications for the business?
Inspiring feedback on the articulation between generative AI, business and latest trends
Axel Cypel – Head of AI projects – LCL
FINAL COFFEE BREAK AND END OF THE CONFERENCE
Get the full agenda, by filling the form below:
3 ways to join the event
Join the Global Public Affairs Club and get one step ahead of the game!
- Among these communities, the GPAC brings together the community of Public Affairs Directors in a collaborative spirit
- The aim? To gather all along the year, anticipate trends, analyse current events and meet experts of key topics in the PA profession
- Benchmarks, networking with peers, exclusive dinners, in person events… Join the community to exchange best practices with fellow PA Directors, acquire new insights and optimize your performance
Engage your brand and share your expertise
- Increase your visibility and build professional relationships: Stand out at our events to clients and prospects with both digital and physical branding
- Showcase your expertise and thought leadership: Become a speaker and share your expertise and branded content with a C-suite public affairs audience
- Access an exclusive audience of European decision-makers: Grow your network of C-level public affairs professionals with client prospects and key stakeholders
- Benefit from individual and tailor-made advice: Take advantage of the knowledge and expertise of our team to co-construct a strategy adapted to your goals